Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trying Something Out..

Some of you may already know, but I tried out the whole vegetarian thing while I was on the road last year. I started in July 2010 and caved in around August 2011. I was just completely over it--until now. I started to realize that I definitely feel different now that I'm back to eating meat, especially the red meat. So I've decided to cut ALL meat out of my diet until at least Christmas, if not longer. I'm going to really watch and listen to my body, the different things it does, how it feels and try to figure out what it is telling me. I'm actually very excited about this. Of course my grandma's think I'm absolutely nuts. I remember going to dinner at my Gramma G's house one night last year and she still insisted on serving me a plate with the meat portion on it--even though she knew I wouldn't eat it. 

So. This decision also meant going grocery shopping for some fun veggie-lovers food. I bought hummus, tons of veggies, yogurt, fruit, cheese and some other goodies. Here is my lunch tomorrow:
Veggies, roasted red pepper hummus and pears!
Any vegatarian readers out there? If you have any great recipies--I'd love if you would share! I'm always looking for new meals... especially tasty ones that my family would enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment