Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lesson Learned.

I have been a "Mac Person" my entire life.
Laptops, desktops, iPods, iPhones, iPads--I have it all. 
And I have NEVER had a problem with any of my Apple products until now. 
I purchased a MacBook Pro about a year ago. I took it into the Apple store three times
before they finally told me my hard drive had crashed and they couldn't back anything up. 
I felt like I was on that Sex & the City episode when this happened to Carrie 
and everyone couldn't believe that she didn't "back up." 

Well, luckily I did back up my computer about four months ago.
But that still means I have four months of missing information that is no longer on my computer. 
Documents, pictures, music--gone. 
What made me so upset was that I took my computer in THREE times for the SAME reason--
the first two times they insisted that it was not my hard drive. 
The Mac "Geniuses" would work their magic and my laptop would work for a while. 
Unfortunately the third time I was not so lucky. SO, moral of the story is--BACK UP your computer! 
Now Apple is all fancy and has the Time Machine application and iCloud--
two things that I will now be using. 
Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment