Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lancaster

A couple weeks ago I spent the weekend in the land of the Amish--Lancaster, PA. I was surrounded by farms, horse and buggies, lots of fresh veggies, and the towns of "Bird-In-Hand" and "Intercourse." Ok, it's also the land of my best friend, Kaitlyn.

I got to spend a few days with her which is always nice since we really don't see each other enough. One of my favorite bands, Dawes, performed Sunday night at a free concert series at Long's Park. They were amazing as always, and the venue was beautiful.

Monday was spent doing the typical touristy things in Lancaster. I've been there many times before, however never really stopped in any of the towns or villages. We had lunch at the most amazing little place, the Tomato Pie Cafe. Let me tell you--if you're ever in Lancaster or even near there you have to go to this place. We had the most delicious roasted red hummus platter, then I had the beet and goat cheese salad and Kate had a sweet potato and mascarpone sandwich. We spent the rest of the day visiting the old Wilbur Chocolate factory, the Jam & Relish Kitchen, a little petting zoo and many other shops and restaurants.

It really was a perfect little weekend.
Dawes.
Tomato Pie Cafe
This little guy was too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment