Sunday, September 30, 2012

Allegheny Green & Innovation Festival

Yesterday I had the largest event I've ever planned in my life--and I've done a lot of event planning! It was the 3rd Annual Allegheny Green & Innovation Festival in conjunction with Hartwood Acres Hay Day. It's an event put on by Allegheny County to help promote the importance and convenience of going green and to educate families on how to become more sustainable in every day life. Hay Day is a fall, family festival with tons of free kid's activities. Together, the event saw about 9,000 people come throughout the day! 

Not trying to toot my own horn, but the day was pretty amazing. We had over 80 green & innovation exhibitors providing information and interactive demonstrations, the I Made It! Market coordinated the craft vendors who all used recycled, repurposed and organic materials, 8 sustainable food vendors, and 15 children's activities including face painting, a fire truck, balloon art, trackless train, petting zoo and much more. The entire event was powered by solar power from the guys at Zero Fossil and Zero Waste helped make it a no-waste event!

It's really a great event for people of all ages, and best of all it's free! I'm already anxious to get started planning for next year. As I was walking around I had to keep jotting new ideas down and changes for next year. Since Allegheny County doesn't have an official "county fair" I like to tell people that this is our take on a county fair--with a modern twist! Here are some pictures of the event. If you want more information, visit the Allegheny County Green website here.

I want to thank everyone who came out and supported me today! I appreciate it more than you know! I'm lucky to be blessed with such great people in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment