Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Great Outdoors.


My family is a camping family. We’ve been going to the same campground for decades. My pap went with his family growing up, then he started taking my gramma, mom, and uncle, and now my mom takes us! Not only that, but for years my pap’s brothers would still come up, my gramma’s brother and his family, and many other relatives throughout the years. It’s something we all look forward to each and every year.

When I say camping, I don’t mean we go to a nice cabin in the woods, with a working kitchen and bathroom, sorry people, that’s not camping. We make the 2 ½ hour drive to Warren, PA with our car packed to the brims with tents, water jugs, blankets, fishing gear, camping stoves, coolers, you name it. Ok, we do sleep in a tent trailer. But don’t think that’s all glamorous. One person moves, you all move. One person snores, you’re all awake. Wake up with your sleeping bag touching the side of the canvas? It’s wet. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Anyway, the reason I’m saying all this is because I stumbled across this site, Shelter-Co, and could not even believe how amazingly perfect they can make actual camping look. You find the place; they’ll come and set up canvas tents, a kid’s play area, a bar, and a real bed—yes real bed, mattress and all. Ok, so it’s not actualcamping. But it’s better than going to a cabin or one of those ginormous RVs. I have a feeling I’ll never get to experience this, considering the weekend minimum is $2000. Uh, I choose to go camping because it’s a cheap, fun, vacation. So I think it’s safe to say I’ll have to settle with just looking at their pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment