Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mumford & Sons Concert

A couple weeks ago I had the awesome privilege of seeing Mumford & Sons live. For those of you who love Mumford--you know how hard it is to actually see these guys in person. Well, my boyfriend somehow pulled off getting us tickets to their show in Camden, NJ. Not only did I get to catch them live, but the only things separating me with the stage, were a girl, a security guard, and a camera. That's it. We were up close and personal to Marcus and the band. And it was ah-maz-ing. Of course with general admission we had to get there super early, it was snowing and freezing. Once you got your spot there was really no going to the bathroom or to get a drink. Trust me, I went to get a drink and almost didn't make it back to my spot. But in the end it was worth it. The two openers were Haim -- three sisters from California, and Ben Howard -- he's from England and was so talented. Since seeing them I've become huge fans of both acts. I think my favorite part of the night was the last encore. Mumford came back out and played The Cave, then brought every performer back on the stage for a grand finale of Bruce Springsteen's Atlantic City--also performed by The Band and one of my favorite songs ever! I couldn't have asked for a better show.
Haim
Ben Howard
Marcus Mumford
(Pictures all taken with my iPhone)

No comments:

Post a Comment