Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY Fabric Scrap Banner


These banners are all over Etsyat a whopping $50 a pop. A little too expensive for me. I couldn’t really find a great DIY anywhere, so I starred at the pictures, came up with some ideas, and really improvised the entire thing.

It started because my bathroom window is a bit on the tiny side, so I was having a hard time finding a rod and valance that looked right. So, I decided my crafty self would make something.

Then I thoughtthis would be super cute in pink for my niece’s room! I went out, bought different pink fabric, some ribbon, a spool of lace, and burlap. I hung my twine up by taping it to the counter, started cutting and ripping my materials, and tying away.  These kinds of projects are my favorite because they don’t have to even be near perfect. The messier the better! I loved the end result. I also thought it would be cute if she hung it in the background of her newborn picturesuntil then, it’s hanging cute above her closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment