Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's All Happening...

My first post simply talked about the past four years in my life. So now, I figured I'd explain what I'll be doing for the next year! Throughout my time in college I was a member of Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity. I served as VPIII Membership, President, Assistant New Member Coordinator, and many other smaller positions. Well, because of all I got out of ZTA, I felt like I needed to give back.

In November I applied to be a "Traveling Leadership Consultant." The application was long and I stopped numerous times. However something kept me going. I received an email in January letting me know I received an interview, and finally had my interview in the end of March (I was second to last!). The interview went AMAZING. About three hours long, just talking with Mrs. Ensor (executive director of ZTA). I must say I had a feeling at the end that I got the job. She told me so many amazing things that even if I hadn't of gotten the position, I would have been happy just meeting her and hearing all the positive things she had to say about myself and my chapter. I was told to expect a phone call within in the next few weeks. Well, when I was sitting in Gemmell about five days later and saw that Zeta Tau Alpha was calling me I began to panic. My first thought: "Great, I'm getting the reject phone call right now." But to my surprise it was a phone call offering me the job, and of course I said YES!

Within minutes I saw our adviser, Erin, and she could just tell by the smile on my face that I had good news. She ran up and gave me a huge hug, both of us on the verge of tears. The next step was telling my chapter. I can't even thank those girls enough for all the amazing support they have given me throughout the years. Erin felt this was something special so it deserved a candle pass. After our meeting on Monday, all us girls got in a circle, passed a candle, and whoever blew it out had good news. Well, of course I was the fourth person to get the candle so it wasn't all that exciting, but the girls still ran and congratulated me. It was one of the best feelings I've ever had.

So now after all that, I'm finally getting to what I will actually be doing. Starting July 6, I will be heading to New Orleans for ZTA's Convention. This is such an amazing time for Zeta's because everyone gets together and learns the importance of this amazing fraternity. I will be working early mornings and late nights throughout the week helping put the entire event together. However, I know I will have nothing to complain about. It's such an amazing experience and will give me the chance to bond with my fellow TLC sisters! I was also chosen to be one of six who participate in the initiation service. This is a huge honor to take part in this service in front of everyone at Convention! Not to mention we will be initiating the wife of the head coach of the Washington Redskins!

After the week at Convention, I come home for a couple weeks and leave for good on July 23. I head off to Indianapolis until August 7 for an intense 2 week training period! And I leave to begin my year from there! I will be heading to chapters all across the United States assisting them in any way they may need. I will give them tips, advice, and ideas, help them if they are struggling with recruitment, ideas to strengthen membership retention, congratulate them on their success, or even just give them that extra push they need to achieve greatness. I have such a passion for helping these struggling chapters because that is the type of chapter I come from. For the past four years I, along with the other girls, have worked to constantly make our chapter better. And I must say we have come a long way since 2006. Almost at Crown Chapter!

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be letting you know more about my duties as I learn them! Until then... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment