Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whisper words of wisdom...

As excited and anxious I am to begin this new journey, I know I also need to prepare myself for the tough, overwhelmed, lonely days I have ahead. What am I going to do when my mom’s at work, my sister is at school, and my friends are out? Who and am I going to turn too, to remind myself its okay? Yes, I know I am probably over reacting a little about this loneliness, but I still wonder. I obviously know all my other TLC sisters will be there to vent to, listen to, cry to, and laugh with, because they will be going through the same things as me, but still there are times when you just need to be in a comfortable place doing something you love.

Well, I guess I know one thing that can always calm me and make me feel better…and that’s music. Music is so special because it can take you back to so many happy times and remind you of great memories within seconds. For those times when I just miss home, my family, and friends, I know I can turn to just about any country song and immediately feel comfort. I can be reminded back to when I was a little kid, or of a concert I recently went to with all my friends, either way, I can’t help myself but smile. I love all country, but recently my favorite has been Zac Brown Band. I just love his voice and the way the music makes you feel.



Aside from missing home and country music, The Beatles pretty much get me through life. I can’t even explain to you how the music makes me feel. I will definitely admit that I was born in the wrong decade, and growing up in the 60s would have been much more suitable for me. Not just the music, but also the fashion, attitudes, lifestyle, and the freedom that was portrayed during this time to me are just so much better. Anyway, back to The Beatles. You can’t find four musicians today who are as talented and artistic as John, Paul, George, and Ringo. The music has so much meaning, both expressed and hidden, but if you dig deep, the music is so relatable. It truly just clears your mind and fills it with endless possibilities.



Along with The Beatles, I love Bob Dylan, OAR, southern rock, MGMT, and many others… But in the end, the Fab Four are the ones who really know me and know how to make anything better, and I’ll forever be thankful for that!

1 comment:

  1. Katie - I can not tell you how very proud I am of you. I admire all that you have overcome and have achieved already, and here you are initiating yet another fantastic idea, a blog to chronicle your travels! I look forward to reading more and keeping up with you along the way. You will be great, and those chapters are fortunate to have your caring spirit to guide them! One request, add an R&B song to your playlist once in awhile! iloveyou, Aunt Tanya

    ReplyDelete