Friday, October 29, 2010

So many FUN things happening this FALL!

Today was one of those days that gets every TLC going crazy... we received an email of our NEW SCHEDULE!

Before I get to the schools I will be visiting, I'll give a little update on my last few visits. I went to Lock Haven in PA and helped with their recruitment. They (hopefully) got 5 more new members giving them a total of 9! One of the girls just got a baby kitten named Elliott and he looked just like Chloe! Of course I LOVED him!



After Lock Haven I got to come home for the day because it was Meg's 18th Birthday party! I can't even believe she is allowed to be an adult...SCARY. Her party was fun, all the kids had a good time bowling!



After being home for a day I went to Robert Morris University in Moon, PA. The girls were great and had a cute little Chapter suite on campus. RMU had an overflow of students so they sent them to live at the Holiday Inn, which is where I stayed! It was nice I had my own hotel room during my stay! I did a lot of officer training while I was there and last night we went bowling! I'm really not the best bowler in the world but I did improve after each game! I started out with a 50, yes horrible I know, my second game I bowled a 98 and the third I bowled a 111! On Wednesday night I went to the Grace Potter and the Nocturnals concert! It was AMAZING! I even got to meet the guitarist and get a pic : ) I was very happy. If you've never heard of them go on youtube and watch the clips from the shows NOW! I also went to the pumpkin farm with my family!



I left RMU bright and early on Friday and had a very productive day! I got all packed, checked out of the hotel, turned in my absented ballot (VOTE!), met my uncle Rich for lunch, went to the post office, and bought a much needed pair of mittens! All before I left for Bethany at 1pm! The campus here is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's a very old school with only about 800 students. Greek Life is huge and most of the chapters here are one of the first 20 founded in their fraternity/sorority. Delta Tau Delta was actually founded at Bethany! ZTA's chapter here is Theta, which is the 8th oldest chapter in our history! Six of the fraternities and sororities have houses on "Greek Hill" and the other two fraternities have houses in town. I plan on taking a walk around this week so expect pictures!

Ok, so now on to the exciting stuff...where I'm going next! After Bethany, I leave on Wednesday and head to Radford University in Virginia. Tommy actually had one of his basketball players from Quaker Valley go there to play basketball! I'm leave Radford Nov. 9th and head to James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. Megan's ex boyfriend Jon plays football there so I'm hoping to run into him! Both schools in Virginia seem nice and the weather shouldn't be too bad! After James Madison I head to Mississippi State in Starkville Mississippi! FINALLY a Big, Beautiful Chapter House!!!! I've been waiting since I started traveling for this! Look how pretty:



After Mississippi State I get to come home for Thanksgiving break from Nov 20-28th. I get to eat some good food (no meat of course ;) ), relax and visit friends and family. Once my week of rest is over I'm off to East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. And I must be lucky this month because check out this house I'll be staying at:



After East Carolina I visit at Lenoir Rhyne College in Hickory, North Carolina for about 5 days then fly back to Pittsburgh for Christmas break : ) I know it's all going to go by super fast but it should be tons of fun!

1 comment:

  1. There are some sweet girls at the MSU chapter. they came up to help us with the Care Walk in Oxford.

    ReplyDelete