Tuesday, June 7, 2011

T-Shirt Quilt

Throughout my year of travel, I received TONS of t-shirts. 
Basically every chapter I visited gave me at least one shirt.
While I do love t-shirts, I just know that I'll rarely rare them now that I'm off the road.
So, instead of letting them sit in my drawer I've decided to make a t-shirt quilt!
Well, I won't actually be making the quilt, but I plan to find someone who will do it at a reasonable price.

I laid them all out on my floor today just to get some sort of idea... check it out:

An actual quilt looks like this:
I'll probably save some of my favorites to wear or pass down, and they won't all be arranged this way, but you get the idea.

Have any of you or someone you know made a t-shirt quilt before??  
I'd love some suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine did one free we graduated. She found the instructions and her grandmother made it. She said it was pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is an awesome idea! never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister makes them :)they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie! I'm interested in having one made. Would your sister possibly be interested in making it? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete