Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Quiz

I rarely come across quizes that I actually want to take the time to do, but since I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit, I figured this one would be fun. I found it over at The Weigand's. Casey has an awesome blog--you should check her out!

CHRISTMAS QUIZ 
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate for sure.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Definitely wrap--I tried to spice up my wrapping this year. Lots of pretty handmade gift tags & bows.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love the white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? My gramma always used to--not sure if she did this year!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually around a week after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's Christmas cookies!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to church the night of Christmas Eve and singing "Silent Night" with the lights out and candles lit.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom, sister and I were just talking about this! My mom said it was around 4th grade.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES! We always went to my gram and paps Christmas Eve before church and she always let us open some presents. 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and ornaments that we've collected over the years. I have some really great sets given to me when I was a baby (Winnie the Pooh, the Wizard of Oz, Birthday Angels)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I actually really love it--with the exception of digging out my car for work, that's no fun. Grown-ups should have snow days too!
12. Can you ice skate? Eh, not really. 
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'm starting to realize I have a pretty bad memory. I can't even remember what I got last year!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family. We watch movies, bake together, and enjoy the true meaning of Christmas.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My mom bakes great thumbprints. We mostly do cookies around my house--with the occasional jello salad.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I've done the same thing every year for as long as I can remember. So from Christmas Eve on is one big tradition for me.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I think the appropriate answer is giving--which I do love. I try to get a few unique and personalized gifts for everyone. But of course I also love opening presents : )
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Both--I don't mind them, but I don't eat them much.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I am a collector of Christmas movies. Home Alone 1 & 2 are my absolute favorites. Also Elf, A Christmas Story, Emmett Otters Jug Band Christmas, Christmas Vacation and Miracle on 34th Street.
21. Saddest Christmas song? I don't know about the saddest song, but Silent Night always brings tears to my eyes.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time," plus 'Do You Hear What I Hear," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," and "Good King Wenceslas" just to name a few.



Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment