Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cookie Post #1


I found this recipe while on Pinterest (of course--I think everyone and their mother is addicted to this site) and it looked SO easy I just had to try it. I've been wanting to bake some cookies to take into work for the holidays, so I was glad when I stumbled upon this recipe. When I say SO easy, that might be an understatement. This was a four ingredient recipe--yes, baking delicious cookies that only require you to buy four things.

Here's the recipe.
1 box lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 8oz containter of Cool Whip
1 egg
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat Cool Whip, egg and cake mix in a bowl. It's important to note that you mix just the powdered cake mix, not the additional ingredients listed on the box. The batter will be very thick and sticky--I stuck mine in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Roll into balls and coat with the powdered sugar. I found it easier to spoon some of the batter into the bowl of powdered sugar, make sure it was coated and then I rolled it into a ball. It was less messier this way and the batter seemed to roll nicer.
Place them on a well-greased cookie sheet. I would even space them a bit further apart than I did--they expand quite a bit so some didn't have enough room. Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool before removing them from the cookie sheet.
Here they are! They turned out perfect. Very moist and fluffy--I will definitely be making these again. 
P.S. See the red cookie in the picture? 
Those are Red Velvet Cheescake cookies--post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment