Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Blogger Swap

I just took part in my first blogger swap.
For those who aren't sure what a blogger swap is, don't worry I didn't really
know what they were either--until recently that is!
I stumbled across this great blog, Fabulous But Evil, and saw a post about a
Valentine's Day "Blogger Swap." 
Basically you sign up on the host blog, and then get paired with a random blog--
you have some time to read through the blog & get to know the person, then
you get together a little box of goodies to send to your new blogger friend!

Well, I got paired up with Elizabeth from The Young Retiree.
Let me tell you, Elizabeth is one amazing woman.
Her husband recently got deployed (he's in the Navy), so she is once again
adjusting to life without him. She is a hopeless romantic and always comes up with
cute and fun packages to send to her husband. I sent her a "Navy Wife" necklace, 
a bright orange Gardner Ann's flower clip, a Lush bath bomb and some other fun things.

And here is what I got:
I knew just by the look of the package that I was going to LOVE it!
She told me she loved bright colors, and I told her I loved peacocks!
How pretty is this handmade card?
Ahh and these peacock notecards! They're beautiful!
Flower stud earrings.
And this nice note : )
I definitely lucked out with my first blogger swap!
It's such a fun idea and for $10-15 you can really brighten someones day!

4 comments:

  1. SO cute!! Love the peacock note cards. Love love!

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan
    <a href="http://www.meghangranitoblog.com>Shine On</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cards and earrings - how beautiful!! What great goodies! Thank you for participating in our swap! I am happy you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete