Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by SO fast--I know they all go by fast, but this one went by quicker 
than usual. It was more low-key than last weekend, but I did get to see my best friend 
from college, Cassie! Even though it was for 10 minutes it was still great! 
I've come to the conclusion that last weekend was just too awesome 
that there was no way the next one could beat it. 
And that is okay with me. 

Sunday as we all know was the Superbowl. I wasn't too sure who I wanted to win, in fact I don't think I really cared about the outcome. But just like every sports fan, I was excited to watch a great game of football. And in the end, the New York Giants prevailed--congrats to them! From what I read Tom Brady took the loss pretty hard, which I think was expected, especially being that the Patriots lost to the Giants and young Eli Manning just four years ago. The halftime show... ehh that was another story. Lip-syncing, really Madonna?!
I know your in your 50's but come on--I was expecting better.

I started to take pictures of the fajitas--but didn't take one of the finished product!
My favorite part are the green and red peppers and the onions! 

Fajitas are super easy to make--
just chop up onions and red & green peppers, saute in butter or oil and add salt and pepper. 
In a different pan, I cut strips of boneless, skinless chicken breast and cooked in some butter and oil. Once the began to cook through, I added some fajita seasoning that I bought in a packet from the grocery store. It usually tells you to then add in the veggies, but I like the chicken and veggies separate. Pile the two onto a tortilla--be sure to heat them in the microwave for about 50 seconds--and add some shredded cheese or sour cream and you are good to go! So delicious and not bad for you (if you eat them without the cheese!). 
And as I'm making dinner, my mom calls me in the hall to look at this:
She jumped onto my mom's bed and crawled under the covers all by herself! 
She looks like a little person sleeping under there--how cute is that?

And something funny to leave you with... my new glasses. HAHA!
I picked these up at Urban Outfitters on Saturday afternoon. They were on clearance
for $1.99 and I wore them out that night! I weirded so many people out!
Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment