Beet Tart with Goat Cheese
(makes one 9x9 tart)
- 6 large beets, peeled
- Olive oil
- 8 - 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (enough to make a 10x10-inch square)
- Goat cheese
- Blue cheese
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets: line one with foil and the other with parchment paper.
- Slice the peeled beets into thick slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Lightly coat the sliced beets with olive oil, and toss with fresh thyme leaves and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Lay the beet slices out on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry into a 10 x 10-inch square, or a comparably sized rectangle. Transfer to the baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Arrange the beet slices on the puff pastry, leaving about an inch or two along each side. Roll the puff pastry edges up to create a free-form crust, pinching the corners.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 25-30 more minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the beets are fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool briefly.
- Mix the goat cheese and blue cheese together with a fork, and crumble over the beet tart.
- Toss the frisee with lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt to coat, and serve over the tart
Can you tell I love goat cheese? For the first three recipes, visit here.
Recipe from: http://www.sacramentostreet.com