Monday, June 4, 2012

What's Happening.

I've had a busy couple weeks. Last Saturday was my ZTA big sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party, the Friday before was my cousin's bachelorette party, Sunday and Monday I tried to relax and word a bit in the yard. This past weekend I had my first two concerts for work! They both went awesome. Steve Moakler was on Friday and Joan Osborne was on Sunday. I got to talk to Steve and his band and met Joan and her pretty little daughter, Nadine. My sister actually got to babysit her while Joan was on stage! The entire experience was exactly what I thought it would be like. Being surrounded by so many talented musicians, singers, and even the management was both overwhelming and amazing at the same time. My job is seriously awesome, and up until this point it's just been a bunch of planning and organizing. Now I finally get to see all my hard work pay off and come to life! Two concerts this weekend with a sorority sister's wedding in between! I can't wait!
Steve Moakler.
Little blurry--Joan Osborne singing "What if God was One of Us."
I also tried out a new recipe on Saturday--fresh salmon cakes. It was so easy and delicious--fresh salmon, peas, and cooked potatoes mixed together, dipped in egg and coated with panko bread crumbs. Not much to it, but so good--and I only cooked them in a small amount of oil, so it's still healthy too! For sides I made baked potatoes with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and bacon brussel sprouts! I decided to go all out and make some dessert while I was at. For the dessert I turned on the grill to medium heat, took a sheet of foil and created four mounds each with a table spoon of brown sugar, table spoon of butter, a pineapple ring, maraschino cherry and a piece of angel food cake. Wrap it all up in to a packet and put it on the grill for about 12 minutes. When it's done, you'll have the easiest pineapple upside down cake you'll ever eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment