Friday, March 1, 2013

Imagine.

After The Chew I did something I've been wanting to do for years and years. I couldn't believe that with all the times I've been to New York City, I've NEVER been to Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Being that it's February, it wasn't the most beautiful it could be, but I got the idea. Obviously I'm a big Beatles fan, so this was an awesome experience for me. On December 8, 1980, John Lennon was shot and killed while walking into his apartment at The Dakota. In 1985, Strawberry Fields was formed directly across the street in Central Park. It's a beautiful memorial to Mr. Lennon and just a wonderful thing to see. In the summer and during his birth and death dates the imagine mosaic is filled with flowers and memorabilia all in honor of Lennon and his life.
Entryway where John Lennon was shot.
The Dakota 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful. I'm not a "Beatles" fan but am an admire of John Lennon and would probably make this a must-go if I ever get a chance to visit NYC. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    I hope you can stop by my newest post about the Box of Thanks I'm doing this year.
    http://msmorgansrealitycheck.blogspot.com/2013/02/box-of-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete