Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Captain has Turned On the No Smoking Signs...

No, I am not giving Penny Lane's famous speech in "Almost Famous," instead I am quoting the first few words I hear each and every time I get on a plane (an average of 8 times a month including connecting flights).  I'd like to think I'm a pretty experienced flyer by now.  I have frequent flyer accounts for over 10 airlines, and get to see all the different interiors of the planes and the uniforms of the flight attendants.  

To put it nicely, they are boring and ugly.  I wasn't old enough to fly when the uniforms were bright and funky, but I've seen pictures and definitely wish they were still like that.  Today, there are just as many male flight attendants as female... something that was unheard of years ago.  

I love flying, but if the interiors of the planes and the outfits still had that 70s style, I think I'd love it even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment