Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Land of Cowboys and Cows

Yes, I realize that cowboys and cows often come hand in hand, but I just wanted to make it known that New Mexico has more cowboys and cows than I've ever seen.  It was a beautiful state, even with the interesting odor you could smell the minute you walked outside.  It was different every day so I really couldn't even try to explain it.  

I had a great visit with the Delta Pi chapter at Eastern New Mexico University.  They are a great group of girls and made me feel right at home.  It was a short visit, but we got a lot accomplished!  I've been collecting bumper stickers from every school I visit (no, they are not going on my car), and it completely slipped my mind while I was at ENMU!  I'm so sad, but hopefully I can get one of the chapter members to send me one to add to my collection.

Flying over the mountains in Denver
The ZTA House
The entire chapter, with me in the middle, at New Mexico Zeta Day
Me with the President, Maddy, on my left and the VP3 Recruitment, Devan

I flew into Clovis, NM on that tiny 19-seater plane I talked about here, but I flew out of Lubbock, Texas, home of Texas Tech.  Lubbock was about a 2 hour drive from Portales, and a very interesting one.  There were a ton of Dairy farms along the way, so that means lots of poor little cows who are stuck standing in one place for hours at a time.  

Anyways, I finally got to Lubbock, then Houston, and eventually Dayton, OH.  I'm visiting with the Eta Pi chapter at Wright State until Sunday, then head off somewhere new!

1 comment: