Monday, November 14, 2011

Million Dollar Quartet

This past Sunday my gram and I went to the Benedum Center in downtown Pittsburgh to see "Million Dollar Quartet." It was different from many other Broadway shows I've seen... only 1 hour and 40 minutes, no intermission, and only one set change. But wow was it amazing. Over a week later and my gram is still talking about it! For those of you who don't know, Million Dollare Quartet is the story of Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis and their legendary recording session with Sam Phillips at Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. These four men were the real deal. We couldn't stop smiling and singing the entire show. If you have the chance I definitely recommend you go see it! I promise you will not be disappointed. 

I snapped some pictures of the Benedum Center. It is one of my favorite places in the city mostly for its beauty and character. I also broke the rules & tried to take a picture at the end of the show. It didn't turn out too well, but its of all four singers singing during the finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment