Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just Kids

Anyone who thought they knew love and passion obviously doesn't know Patti Smith. Her memoir, Just Kids, has been out for a while now, but I am just getting around to reading it. I'm about half way through the book and as I read each page I find something new to inspire and amaze me. Her love with Robert Mapplethorpe is absolutely beautiful. I've always know the story, but I am just now knowing the true connection they had. I get this a lot when I read books about the 60s and 70s. For some reason these true tales are just so much deeper than stories now. These people had a genuine love that now seldomly exists. People then saw others for who they truly were, there was often little judgement and lots of acceptance. What happened to that love? 



No comments:

Post a Comment