Monday, October 24, 2011

What I Should Be Saying...

Today I was walking to get a tea, and caught myself being negative about three different things (mind you it's only a 2.5 minute walk). I was mad it was raining, mad that I still had 4 hours left of work, and that I nearly got my heel stuck in a sewer. I got to Starbucks, got my tea, sat down to begin reading my book and got distracted by all these thoughts. Why am I complaining about these small, meaningless things? I'm thinking all these bad things, when I really should be thanking God that I have all these things in my life to even think about! 
For instance:

I don't want to get out of bed.
I am lucky to have somewhere to sleep.

When is work going to be over?
I am lucky to have a job, income and healthcare.

I need a nap.
I am lucky to be healthy and have the ability to do things to keep me busy.

Am I ever going to settle down?
I am lucky to be blessed with an amazing family who taught me the importance of family and wanting one of my own.

Are my dreams ever going to come true?
I am lucky to have dreams that are constantly growing.

I set a goal for myself that every time I think of something negative or complain, I have to follow up with two positive happy things in my life. I don't think it will be too hard, afterall I am absolutely blessed and I need to remember that more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment