Thursday, October 27, 2011

Welcome to My Other World

...my other world being my work world. So yes, this isn't the most exciting part of my life, but it's the money-makin' part. I am very lucky to have a full-time job at 23--so I can't complain much. It's not my "dream job," but hey, it's a start. I've always enjoyed working in government, and I truly believe that everyone should be required in a civil service position during their lifetime, preferably the beginning. It really opens your eyes to the different kind of people out there. Every day I spend all 8 1/2 hours on the job serving and helping others--and let me tell you, sometimes it's not pretty. People are very opinionated when it comes to issues like  healthcare, taxes, courts, etc.   But I certainly learn a lot, and at times it can be very rewarding. 

My average day I wake up at 6 a.m., leave by 7 and get to work by 8 a.m. I work until 5 p.m. and get home usually a little before 6 p.m. So, all and all I feel like I work a 12-hour day. Being so, I think it's important to make your space at work a little homey. You don't want to go to work and stare at a blank wall all day, well at least I don't. My "cube" is still a work in progress, but I thought I'd share some pictures of my holiday decorations and pictures!
Notice my little turkey decoration--I get so many compliments on that! I have pictures of Chloe, of course, my little cousin Richie, ZTA things, Clarion magnets and penants, thank you cards, Pittsburgh signs, a Beatles poster and some inspirational words. It's not much but I can always find something to look at that makes me smile, and that's what counts! Do you decorate your space at work? I still want to get some more things, so I'll be sure to update! 

No comments:

Post a Comment