Friday, March 2, 2012

What's Happening.

I made stuffed peppers the other night for dinner--well my mom made the mixture, 
but I did everything else. I knew she would read this and make a comment to me about
saying that I made them by myself, so I figured I'd clarify now : ) They were delicious--one of my favorite foods. When I was a vegetarian, the first meat food I ate to break my streak was a stuffed pepper.
 That's how much I love them. 

My cousin, Lauren and I visited Franktuary for lunch this week--my first experience there. 
It is a hot dog shop in downtown Pittsburgh and is located in the bottom of a church. 
The menu is so crazy, a "Pittsburgh Dog" with a smooshed pierogie on top, a "Mexican Dog" and many other creations. I got some Chicago style hot dog--
a pickle spear, relish, onions, banana peppers, mustard, and cherry tomatoes.
 Very different, but I actually really liked it! The Greek salad was my favorite though--
it had artichoke hearts, peppers, feta cheese, kalamata olives--so yummy. 

Yesterday was pretty gloomy, so I figured it would be a good day to start decorating my office for St. Patty's Day : ) It's one of my favorite holidays--I think some of my best college memories are from St. Patrick's Day. 

And the best picture--The Lorax, aka Chloe. My mom is a kindergarten teacher and she is making these with her students today, and she made a mini one for Chloe since she's orange. It took a while to get a good picture--I don't think she liked pretending to be the Lorax very much.

Tomorrow's Friday! This week went fast for me--happy almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment