Thursday, January 13, 2011

GP and the NOCS

Many of you already know because I've blogged about it a million times, but I am a HUGE music lover.  Some of my favorites being older artists from the 60s and 70s.  Besides country music, I have a hard time finding current artists that give me that feeling I get when I listen to The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Jefferson Airplane, Eric Clapton, etc.  I do love OAR, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, but one of my favorite bands, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals is the perfect mixture between old and new.  First off, Grace is rockin' and her voice is amazing... so powerful and at times has that Janis Joplin scratchiness...  


...and the rest of the band is made up of so many talent artists with the best personalities.


I saw them perform for the first time in Pittsburgh this past October and cannot wait to see them again.  After the show I was being the creepy fan that I am and walked slowly past the tour bus.  I missed most of the band, but did get to meet Scott and grab a picture!

Grace and the Nocs were asked to be on the Johnny Depp Alice and Wonderland's soundtrack featuring their amazing cover of Jefferson Airplanes "White Rabbit."  It's one of my favorite songs they sing, along with "Low Road" and "One Short Night."  Here's a clip of a live performance of "White Rabbit:"

 They also have a great Facebook Page with fun status updates and exclusive pics and videos!  Pleaseeee check them out and let me know what you think! 


2 comments: